Knitting Time:January Short Sleeve Sweater KAL now through February 28th. Miranda by Josee Paquin. I'm using Cascade 220 Heathers in Lake Chelan got gauge with suggested needles US size 8s - 5mm. Knitting size that gives 3" of positive ease. Lively discussions on the board about armholes. Finished!!! Tag projects with #Miranda2015KAL
-Gauge is a big liar
-sweaters should be mathmatically predictable, but they are about luck for me. -Jackaroo was supposed to fit perfect, too tight.
-This 2" of positive ease and I'm swimming, plus way too long.
-Is it superwash?
Finish it or Frog It February with Knitting Blooms!
At first I wondered how this could possibly interesting, but now as I work through the projects they are picking up momentum and I'm excited about them.
- Lacy Rib Socks by Wendy Johnson - CO Jan 2012. Frogged!
- Grace by Jane Richmond -CO March 2013. Good fit, keep going!
- Potty Socks -CO Sept 2014
- Caution Mitts
- Provence Cardigan -finish front panel and 2 sleeves, 18 month size.
- Vodka Gimlet -try it on and finish or frog!
Green sweater inspired by the Grace by Jane Richmond using Tahki Yarns New Tweed in color 33. Using US size 7s - 4.5mm and 8s - 5.0mm needles. -CO March 2013. Past armholes. Have knit a good 10" on this. Onto bottom ribbing. 2.5 skeins to go for neck edging, button band, and sleeves. So excited two sweaters in a month!
Potty Socks are using the Fish Lips Kiss Heel Construction by Sock Therapist and Red Heart Heart and Sole in the BlackJack Colorway. US size 0 - 2.0mm needles. Finished one, on the foot of the other.
Where to find more episodes...
Steph is the Knitting Samurai on Ravelry and Instagram. Visit the Ravelry Group for Knitting Samurai & Her Guys to continue to the discussion.
- First there was The Expectant Knitter detailing Steph's adventures during her first pregnancy. There are 33 Episodes spanning January 2010 to September 2011.
- Next came The Knitting Samurai Plus 1 detailing life from the birth of Steph's first son to the first few months of her second son's life. There are 102 Episodes available spanning September 2011 to September 2014.
- Most recently The Knitting Samurai & Her Guys has begun starting in September 2014
- The wordpress site carries the 8-10 most recent episodes and 10 greatest hits from the past. And you can subscribe to the podcast via the Itunes page.