Tuesday, November 25, 2014

109: Happy Thanksgiving

Steph is the Knitting Samurai on Ravelry and Instagram. Visit the Ravelry Group for Knitting Samurai & Her Guys to continue to the discussion.
This is the second episode of the 3rd Season.

  • First there was The Expectant Knitter detailing Steph's adventures during her first pregnancy. There are 33 Episodes spanning January 2010 to September 2011.
  • Next came The Knitting Samurai Plus 1 detailing life from the birth of Steph's first son to the first few months of her second son's life. There are 102 Episodes available spanning September 2011 to September 2014.
  • Most recently The Knitting Samurai & Her Guys has begun starting in September 2014
  • The wordpress site carries the 8-10 most recent episodes and 10 greatest hits from the past. And you can subscribe to the podcast via the Itunes page.

Knitting Time:


Sweaters for our Kids KAL! Now through 11/30.
Prizes are rolling in!
First there will be this great bag from Silver Shed USA! and
Second the New pattern from Jennifer Lassonde, Aila Grace Shawl.
Third the New Pattern Pure Spring Sweater by Solveig Engevold, a seamless top-down cardigan sized 2-12 years!

Knitting Elizabeth Green Musselman's Langstroth sweater for Ro. Thank you for the pattern Elizabeth. I'm using Cascade 220 Heathers in color 2453 Pumpkin Spice. Elizabeth has a great podcast Dark Matter Knits. This is my third sweater with 220 Heathers. Pattern calls for US 5/7 needles. My 7s are all tied up so I'm using US size 5 - 3.75mm and US size 6 - 4.0mm needles. I'm knitting the 28" chest size thinking it'll be roomy this winter and still fit next winter. Really like that there isn't anything up against his neck. Pattern is fun so far. Bottom up construction means I have to pay minimal attention and am able to knit around the boys or when I'm brain dead tired.

Realized I have 3 pregnant friends, two are confirmed girls. So I'm off and knitting some tiny baby knits! Of course I thought of the Toddler Tshirt Vest first. By Sam Lamb. I just love this pattern. This is my 6th one. Tristan is so warm and toasty in his.  Using Opal Sweet and Spicy 2 in the Rotkohl color. I'm using US size 7s - 4.5mm needles.

Halloween I cast on....Aila Grace Shawl by Jennifer Lassonde. Into The Whirled Meridian Sock in the On The Rocks Colorway, September 2014 Club Color. Knit along Starts December 1st, 83% of votes. Obviously I'll do a second one :-)

Ryan's Peace Socks: Opal Sweet & Spicy in colorway 8617 Cake Pops. Using US size 0 - 2.25mm needles. Wendy Johnson's Slip Stitch Heel Basic Sock. I do a 2x2 rib on top of that. Nervous about these.

Monkey Fingerless Mitts based on Cookie A's Monkey Socks by Michelle Johnson using Misty Alpaca Hand Paint Sock Yarn in color 12 Black.  In December 2008 when I purchased this was too special to knit with.  Now it's for a gift.  After first repeat remembered pattern.  Love the Monkey's.  Two pairs of the socks previously.  These are for Vanessa.

Christmas Up And Coming
Aila Grace -Abby
Hannah by BlakeEhrlich -Robyn
Caution Mitts by Rebecca Blair from Knitscene Spring 2013 -Vanessa or Hannah or Tina or Benta
Seven SIsters Cowl by Karina -Hannah or Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment